10.14.2014

Inspiration from the Big Apple

Orla Kiely Soho NY

It has been quite some time since I've written a blog post.  I've been away on vacation!  Last week was a whirlwind trip to attend two different weddings - the first in Brooklyn, NY and the second in Palm Springs, California.  My hubby and I traveled to NY - just the two of us - and met the kiddos and grandparents in Palm Springs.
My career as an apparel designer took me to Manhattan NY often, but that was over 10 years ago so  it was such a treat to visit again. 

Orla Kiely Soho

Much to my delight, I found the Orla Kiely store in Soho!  I absolutely love all things Orla Kiely - her prints, wallpaper, clothes and bags! Check out that adorable trailer covered in Orla loveliness and that dress.....I will take one of everything, please : )

Purl Soho

Purl Soho
I couldn't resist a trip to Purl Soho.   They have an incredible yarn selection and the store was lovely!

Rooftop of the Metropolitan Museum NYC
We packed in quite a bit of sight seeing in two days!
The rooftop of the Metropolitan Museum has an amazing 360 degree view of the NY city skyline.

Grand Central Station NYC

And we made a stop at Grand Central where it happened to be the 100 year anniversary.

We also visited the Guggenheim museum (amazing!) did a bit of window shopping on Madison Avenue.
Manhattan skyline from Brooklyn Heights

And lastly, I had to share a pic of my hubs and I with the Manhattan skyline in the background.
We are not the best at taking selfies  : )

xo
Charise



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!