3.09.2015

The Anna Blouse Sew Along ~ Pattern Alteration - Raising the Neckline




Today I will be sharing a tutorial on How to Raise the neckline on your Anna Blouse Pattern.



1) Trace the Front pattern on a new sheet of paper.



2) Based on the muslin and where you want the new neckline edge to fall, mark that point on the newly traced pattern at the folded edge.  For this example, I am going to raise the neckline by 3/4".
 Place the top edge of the pattern on the new mark, lining up the pattern at the CF fold.


4) Trace the new neckline.

5) The binding will need to be shortened to the new measurement as well.   Since you are making the front neckline shorter, you will need to make the binding shorter between the Shoulder and the Center Front.

The amount you raise the neckline = the amount you will shorten the neck binding.
In this example I raised the neckline by 3/4" so I will shorten the binding by 3/4".


6) For the Tie Neck Version:

Trace the binding pattern on a clean sheet of paper.  Mark CF, CB, shoulder and grain line.

Draw a line perpendicular to the long edge on the neck binding anywhere between the shoulder and CF.

Draw another line 3/4" from the first (the amount you raised the neckline).


Fold on the first line and match the second.  Tape in place.
This is your new neck binding pattern for the higher neckline.

7) For the version Without a Neck Tie:

Trace the binding pattern on a clean sheet of paper.  Mark CF, CB, shoulder and Grainline

Draw a line perpendicular to the long edge on the neck binding 3/4" from the Center Front.  This will be your new CF Fold line.

You are now ready to sew up your Anna Blouse with the Higher Neckline!

If you would like a resource for fitting and pattern alterations, my favorite book  is "Threads Fitting for every Figure"

I will share a tutorial on making the short sleeve bicep larger tomorrow.

Happy Sewing!
xo
Charise

2 comments:

  1. I think I would like the fit better if I did this but I am intimidated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite easy - I know you can do it! Just mark the amount you want to raise the pattern on your newly traced pattern. Mark the new front with that marking. Place the pattern at the marking and redraw the neckline. Just make sure the CF folds line up on the new pattern.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!